Monday, October 5, 2009

Inspiration Boards

I found this blog and I LOVE it. Seriously- Jenny is so crafty and cute. Her blog is Little Green Notebook. I saw this on her blog and thought it was so adorable and so easy- I plan on doing it for the board I'm putting in the basement for the kids. This is easy DIY and very budget friendly. This come directly from her blog:

"I picked up a pair of very cheap cork boards and painted the frames with that same yellow paint that I used in my girls room (Martha Stewart "Olive Oil"). No need to tape or to be careful with the paint job here since the cork will be covered up.



I measured and cut up some old fabric that I bought for a project and never used (--Are you picking up on a theme here??) and simply ran a line of fabric glue around the border of the cork board. I glued one edge at a time and smoothed like crazy so that the fabric would lay perfectly flat. (PS the fabric is an outdoor print made by Waverly, called "Lovely Lattice" in Lagoon)



Then I fabric glued on some red gimp/trim to cover any imperfections or gaps in the border.



I hung up the refinished cork boards about five minutes before taking pictures, so I haven't had a chance to really style them yet with inspiration stuff, but that can be a fun ongoing project."





Since then... she's finished her room and it's adorable. Check out this sample of what this portion of the room looks like. Totally cute right?
Be sure to check out her blog for even more adorable and EASY projects! Thanks Jenny for the inspiration!
Photobucket

No comments: