Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall Decor

I love decorating for each new season. It gives me a reason to redecorate and add new things. This year, I added fabric pumpkins. They were super easy to make and really cheap. It cost me about $7 to make them. You can find the tutorial for them here: http://bloggingwithholly.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-requests-for-pumpkins.html
Here are my pumpkins. They are sitting on my mantle. I think the best thing about these pumpkins is that the sewing does NOT have to be perfect and they will still turn out GREAT!!
* tip: if you are going to make these, just get the samples from the fabric in the home decor departmet at Joanns. They are the perfect size and it is free!!!*
Find something around your house that is fall colors and stick them in vases in your fireplace, or go outside and cut some branches (with leaves) off a tree and stick them in a vase, then tie a ribbon around the vase. It makes a huge difference and adds a nice little impact that makes me smile everytime I look at my fireplace. Continue to add little things here and there. They all add that touch of 'home' to your house.
If you don't have any fall decor things and you want some, just wait a few more weeks and they will all be going on clearance. Trust me it is worth the wait, then you have something to look forward to when you decorate next fall!!
Photobucket

No comments: