Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chest Redo

I am working on getting my girls room done. The other day, I decided that I wanted this chest to go in their room. So, I took it outside, sanded it down and then painted it black. When it dried I went over it with a wax finish so it wouldn't scratch as easily. I also recovered the cushion with this fabulous material. It looks GREAT!!! I am so excited with the way it turned out. I recovered a pillow (with ruffles too!!!) as well to go on the chest. Take a look and let me know what you think!!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Some of our furniture desperately needs makeovers and I'm itching to try painting some of it. I kind of want to wait until we buy a house though because we're not sure which pieces will go in which room. Ah! Also, I don't have anywhere to work on it! I love this chest - looks great!

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

Becky I love it!! The fabric is gorgeous!

prashant said...

I kind of want to wait until we buy a house though because we're not sure which pieces will go in which room. Ah! Also, I don't have anywhere to work on it! I love this chest - looks great!
Work From Home

LaKeta said...

This is precious! I love how it turned out...isn't it amazing what a little paint and fabric can do?

Have a great weekend!

LaKeta

1luckeegirl.blogspot.com