Thursday, April 4, 2013

Twine Wiffle Balls

Hi Everyone!! Shortly after starting this blog my sister and I both have moved, several times, and we have had 3 babies between the 2 of us! That's right...3!! (2 of them are mine and were born only 11 months apart....can we say SURPRISE!!!) Anyways, between all of that we kind of let the blog go to the wayside, but now I think that we are both to a point where we are ready to start crafting and repurposing and decorating everything we can get our hands on!
So without further adieu....a new tutorial!!
I was at the dollar store the other day and saw a 4 pack of wiffle balls and thought "I should be able to figure something out with these!" I had just ordered some twine off of Amazon (my hubby needed a cheap filler and I have been wanting, needed some twine) and was dying to use it. So away I went. I decided to cover the balls with the twine! Can we say Cheap! I made about 10 balls and it only cost me about $4 total! Woohoo! 
 Here is the starting of the first ball. I found that it was easiest if you started on a bigger section with no holes. When you decide where you are going to start make sure and take a look at the other side to be sure that you won't end on a hole! I may be speaking from experience :)   Put a dab of hot glue on the ball and press your twine into it. This is your starting point. From here you will just wrap the twine around in a circular motion.
 Here is the ball about half way done.
 Top view!
 And done! Each ball only took about 20 minutes.
 A little comparing to see what we started with!
Tada! The finished product! I plan on spray painting mine to match the rest of the decor in my house...but that is another project!

Photobucket

No comments: